The notion of Industry 4.0 is the most discussed disruptive factor in manufacturing within the last few years. Smart factories all over the world exploit the collection, processing, analysis, and visualization of data in order to optimize production process methods and models.
In Athens Technology Center (ATC) we collaborate with Epicor to help manufacturers focus on the transformation of the traditional automation pyramid in order to accommodate flexible factories, that can be quickly reprogrammed to provide faster time-to-market responding to global consumer demand, address mass-customization needs and bring life to innovative products.
Yet, apart from the provided commercial suites, in ATC, we do a lot of research in the field. In fact, via DISRUPT project, we worked on a manufacturing oriented cloud-based platform that unifies separate production environments to a universal virtual ecosystem that integrates cyber-physical operations, data analytics and decision support tools.
In addition, the shipping industry also trusts big data analytics in an effort to minimize delays and increase overall operational efficiency. Timely prediction of technical problems, vessel performance KPIs and fleet management reports, are just a niche example.
In ATC, we have been exploring such applications via BigDataStack, where especially for the shipping sector, we worked on:
- the complete monitoring of the central mechanical equipment of each ship
- the early detection or even anticipation of any problems (needs for spare parts or repairs at sea, etc.)
- the effective coordination with the procurement department
- the automated ordering of required materials, so that they can be delivered on time to the planned stations (ports)
- minimizing management and operating costs
>>> Download the eBook of our Big Data Analytics applications!